Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Dulin Family Papers, 1890-1957

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2021-008
Abstract The Dulin Family Papers consists of a variety of materials from the family of Thomas Leroy “Lee” Dulin (1842-1914). Thomas Dulin married Sarah C. Pharr (1841-1881) in 1862, in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and their children were: Harvey C. (1864-?), John Walter (1867-?), Lula Ellen (1869-1957), Cornelia Vashti (1871-1951), Sallie Wilson (1873-1956), and Ella Elizabeth (1878-1960). This collection contains books, clippings, diaries, documents, and photographs. Materials are dated...
Dates: 1890 - 1957

Hugh Roy Smith Papers, 1932-2000

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2021-014
Abstract Hugh Roy Smith (1908-1979) opened his first business, Cornelius Floral Gardens, in 1933. The business later became known as Smith’s Flowers and Nurseries, Inc. During his career, he grew and sold flowers through his shops in Cornelius and Mooresville and provided floral arrangements for weddings and pageants. He also participated in Southern Living Show exhibits and won awards for his displays. In addition to his work, Smith was active in his community as a chairman of the Cornelius...
Dates: 1932 - 2000

Penguin Dance Club Records, 1967-1992

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2021-032
Abstract The Penguin Dance Club was founded in 1952 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The first executive committee included: Fay and Stan Springs, Carmen and Bill Williams, Ouida and John Spillman, Virginia and Paul Hollas (who also served as first presidents), and Rachel and David Hackney. The Penguin Dance Club held annual business meetings and hosted themed dance events throughout the year. After suffering from declining membership, the Penguin Dance Club merged with the Charlotte Dance Club in...
Dates: 1967 - 1992

Southern Radio Company Records, 1930-1998

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2022-009
Abstract The Southern Radio Company operated from 1930-1998 as a distributor of radios, record players, televisions, and home appliances. Its clients were independent electronics dealers throughout the Southeast. Its first quarters were in the J.A. Jones building on 208 S. Tryon St., but it relocated to 1625 W. Morehead St. in 1950, and remained there until closure. This collection contains minute books, ledgers, business records, manuals, promotional materials, photographs, newspaper...
Dates: 1930 - 1998