Showing Collections: 31 - 39 of 39
The Sesame Book Club was organized on February 27, 1951 in Charlotte, NC to discuss general culture and current event topics. Membership was set at 16 and new members were only accepted by unanimous ballot. Meetings were held on the last Friday of each month at a member’s home. Mrs. L.L. Autry was the club’s first president.
This collection contains annual programs dated 1956-1973, with information on book selections, members, officers, and By-Laws.
The Sorosis Book Club was a professional women's book club in Charlotte, North Carolina. Each program contains discussion topics, officers, committee members, addresses, telephone numbers, meeting dates, hostess, and presenter. Materials are dated 1906-1936.
“The Clubwoman” was a monthly bulletin of the Charlotte Woman’s Club, the city’s oldest civic organization. The first edition was published on October 7, 1936. The publication dealt with club activity and relayed important information to its club members. This collection contains original issues of “The Clubwoman” spanning from approximately 1936-1939 and 1943-1958.
The United Confederate Veterans organization was founded in 1889 to unify the all of the separate groups of confederate veterans, provide relief for veterans and their families, and erect monuments. Reunions were held each year in various southern locations, with the last held in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1951 (as of 2016).
This collection includes artifacts, documents, newspaper clippings, and publications. Materials are dated 1861-1932.
- Subject: Clubs and Organizations X
- Women--Societies and clubs 26
- Programs 17
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) 16
- Education 14
- Women 13
- Correspondence 7
- Essays 7
- Photographs 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Service learning 7
- City and County Government 6
- North Carolina--History 5
- Poetry 4
- Charlotte Publications 3
- Leadership 3
- Meeting minutes 3
- Publications 3
- Reading 3
- Voting 3 + ∧ less
- GFWC of North Carolina 2
- Junior League of Charlotte 2
- American Gold Star Mothers, Inc 1
- American Guild of Organists 1
- American Legion 1
- Carolina Bird Club 1
- Catt, Carrie Chapman, 1859-1947 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 1
- Cleveland, Grover, 1837-1908 1
- Colonial Dames of America 1
- Cranford Book Club 1
- East Carolina University 1
- Equal Suffrage League of North Carolina 1
- Erskine College 1
- First Union National Bank of North Carolina 1
- Flora Macdonald College (Red Springs, N.C.) 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 1
- Harding, Harry P., 1874-1959 1
- League of Women Voters of Charlotte-Mecklenburg (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- League of Women Voters of North Carolina 1 + ∧ less