Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6

American Guild of Organists Collection, Charlotte Chapter, 1956-1969

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MS-2020-057
Abstract Founded in 1896, the American Guild of Organists (AGO) is a national professional association that serves the organ and choral music fields. As an educational and service organization, AGO seeks to “foster a thriving community of musicians who share their knowledge and inspire passion for the organ.” This collection contains materials relating to the Charlotte Chapter of the American Guild of Organists from 1956-1969. Examples of documents include correspondence, newsletters, newspaper...
Dates: 1956 - 1969

Central High School Collection, 1947

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2022-004
Abstract Central High School opened c1908 as Charlotte High School and was located at Elizabeth Avenue and Cecil Street (now Kings Drive). It the first public high school in Charlotte. In 1923, the school was renamed Central High School, which became part of Central Piedmont Community College's campus c1963. This collection contains materials relating to the Central High School Class of 1947, to include newspaper clippings, photographs, and documents. Materials are dated 1947 and in good...
Dates: 1947

Downs/McCachren and Cappiello/Piscitelli Collection, 1860-2015

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2020-049
Abstract The Downs/McCachren and Cappiello/Piscitelli Collection contains a variety of materials for the Downs, McCachren, Cappiello, and Piscitelli families. The Downs and McCachren families have been longtime residents of Cabarrus and Mecklenburg counties, while the Cappiello and Piscitelli families came from Italy and settled in New Haven, Connecticut. Anthony Piscitelli settled in Charlotte after marrying Alice McCachren in 1947. Members of these families for whom materials may be...
Dates: 1860 - 2015

Harding High School Collection, 1920-2006

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2022-006
Abstract Named in honor of Superintendent Harry Patrick Harding, Harding High opened in September 1935, on Irwin Avenue, in Charlotte. The building remained a high school until 1961, when the Irwin Avenue building was designated a junior high school. The high school was moved to Alleghany Street and was re-named Harding University High School in 1992.This collection contains teacher and student materials relating to Harding High School, to include school newsletters, commencement...
Dates: 1920 - 2006

Mecklenburg County Ornithology Collection, 1926-2017

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2020-025
Abstract

This collection contains scrapbooks, artifacts, bulletins and newsletters pertaining to local ornithology clubs including the Carolina Bird Club, the Mecklenburg Audubon Society, Parks and Recreation and private individuals’ personal collections. Materials are in good condition and dated 1926-2017.

Dates: 1926 - 2017

Ranson-Hunter Collection, 1848-1990

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2020-027
Abstract The Hunter and Ranson families were two of the earliest families who settled in what was originally known as “Craighead.” In 1873, the town was renamed “Huntersville” for the Hunter family. These two families would join together through the 1890 marriage of William Joseph Ranson and Ellen Viola Hunter. The Ranson and Hunter families continued to influence the development of the Huntersville community throughout the 20th Century. The children of William and Ellen went on to serve their...
Dates: 1848 - 1990