Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Lyman C. Draper, the Secretary of State Historical Society for the city of Wisconsin, authored “The Mecklenburg Declaration: Its Origin, History, and Actors with a Bibliography of its Literature and Explanatory Documents”. It was published in 1876 and presented the history of what prompted the writing of the Mecklenburg Declaration.This collection includes Draper's unbound manuscripts, dated 1876.
Kenneth Frederick Marsh (1901-1968) and his wife, Blanche Marsh (1902-1991), produced a number of books about different regions in the south, with "Charlotte, Carolinas' Queen City" being the focus of this collection. Collection materials include the proof for this book, as well as correspondence between some of Charlotte’s most prominent citizens: George M. Ivey, John Belk, W.T. Harris, Stan Brookshire, and Harold C. Dwelle. Materials are in good condition and dated c1966-1967.
The Sesame Book Club was organized on February 27, 1951 in Charlotte, NC to discuss general culture and current event topics. Membership was set at 16 and new members were only accepted by unanimous ballot. Meetings were held on the last Friday of each month at a member’s home. Mrs. L.L. Autry was the club’s first president.
This collection contains annual programs dated 1956-1973, with information on book selections, members, officers, and By-Laws.
The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, photographs, sheet music, and other miscellaneous materials relating to Shout Freedom. Shout Freedom was a symphonic drama that celebrated the anniversary of the alleged signing of the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence. Collection materials are dated 1948 and in good condition.
- Subject: North Carolina--History X
- Clubs and Organizations 5
- Charlotte Publications 3
- City and County Government 3
- Correspondence 3
- Women 3
- Authors 2
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) 2
- Mecklenburg Declaration 2
- Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence 2
- Newspaper clippings 2
- Party affiliation 2
- Photographs 2
- Political campaigns 2
- Programs 2
- Voting 2
- Women--Societies and clubs 2
- African Americans--History 1
- Audio-visual materials 1
- Brochures 1 ∧ less
- Blythe, LeGette, 1900-1993 1
- Cleveland, Grover, 1837-1908 1
- Cramer, Stuart W. (Stuart Warren), 1868-1940 1
- Draper, Lyman Copeland, 1815-1891 1
- Marsh, Blanche 1
- Marsh, Kenneth Frederick 1
- North Carolina. America's Four Hundredth Anniversary Committee 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- United States (Title of work: Joint Resolution to Authorize and Request the President to Designate July 16, 1983, as "National Atomic Veterans' Day".) 1
- United States. President 1
- Yandle, Mary Lois Moore, 1927- 1 ∧ less