Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

American Guild of Organists Collection, Charlotte Chapter, 1956-1969

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MS-2020-057
Abstract Founded in 1896, the American Guild of Organists (AGO) is a national professional association that serves the organ and choral music fields. As an educational and service organization, AGO seeks to “foster a thriving community of musicians who share their knowledge and inspire passion for the organ.” This collection contains materials relating to the Charlotte Chapter of the American Guild of Organists from 1956-1969. Examples of documents include correspondence, newsletters, newspaper...
Dates: 1956 - 1969

Charles Crutchfield Papers, 1936-1996

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2021-023
Abstract Charles Crutchfield (1912-1998) started his career as an announcer and radio programmer for a variety of radio stations in the Carolinas. In the 1933 he joined the WBT staff, where he became famous for putting together the “Briarhoppers.” Crutchfield stayed at the station and its parent company until retiring in 1977 as president of the Jefferson-Pilot Broadcasting Company. He was also active in a number of professional and civic organizations, to include: a U.S. State Department appointment...
Dates: 1936 - 1996

Elizabeth College Collection, 1899-1974

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2021-011
Abstract Elizabeth College was a four-year college for women, founded in 1896. It was located at what was then the end of Elizabeth Avenue, on property that had been the old Torrence homestead. Due to the Watts family’s large donation to the college, college president Dr. Charles B. King named it for his mother-in-law, Ann Elizabeth Watts. It was under the charge of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, whose objectives were to provide a broad education for women in the classics, mathematics, and...
Dates: 1899 - 1974; Majority of material found within 1900 - 1915

Harding High School Collection, 1920-2006

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2022-006
Abstract Named in honor of Superintendent Harry Patrick Harding, Harding High opened in September 1935, on Irwin Avenue, in Charlotte. The building remained a high school until 1961, when the Irwin Avenue building was designated a junior high school. The high school was moved to Alleghany Street and was re-named Harding University High School in 1992.This collection contains teacher and student materials relating to Harding High School, to include school newsletters, commencement...
Dates: 1920 - 2006

Mecklenburg County Ornithology Collection, 1926-2017

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS-2020-025
Abstract

This collection contains scrapbooks, artifacts, bulletins and newsletters pertaining to local ornithology clubs including the Carolina Bird Club, the Mecklenburg Audubon Society, Parks and Recreation and private individuals’ personal collections. Materials are in good condition and dated 1926-2017.

Dates: 1926 - 2017