Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The Charlotte Woman’s Club is the oldest civic organization in Charlotte. Organized in 1899 as the Study Club for Mothers, the club changed its name in 1902 when membership and civic activities increased. Six women organized the club, with Mrs. WS Liddell as the first president 1899-1901. In 1908, they joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, which is now one of the world’s largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational, international women’s volunteer service organization....
Dates: 1900 - 1959
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The General Federation of Women’s Club (GFWC) is one of the world’s largest nondenominational women’s volunteer service organization. As of 2019, there are approximately 140 clubs in North Carolina. GFWC and its state clubs are active in many areas of service, including the arts, conservation, education, homelife, outreach, public issues, and leadership. This organization provides opportunities for women of all ages and backgrounds to develop skills that will advance them in their...
Dates: 1903 - 1937