Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 32
The Athenae Book Club was a women’s book club that studied various subjects through reading, lectures, and poetry. The book club had a monthly theme that the discussion was centered around. Each meeting was hosted by a different member.
This collection contains Athenae Book Club programs dated 1905-1950, a newspaper clipping, and three sets of reading notes. Materials are in good condition.
The Carolina Concert Series Collection contains programs from the Community Concert Association (1983-1989), Theater Charlotte (1998-1999), Charlotte Community Concert Association (1989-1994), and Carolinas Concert Association (1994-2004).
This collection spans items related to the John C. and Ruth Kilgo family, as well as Charles Paty. The Kilgos were residents of Mecklenburg County and active members of the community. Charles Paty is a World War II veteran and was a friend of the Kilgo family. Both the Kilgos and Paty lived in the Plaza Midwood area of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Materials include: Clippings, Correspondence, Ephemera, Postcards, Printed Materials, Rosters, Negatives, and Photographs.
This collection contains poems written by Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s staff and poets-in-residence during National Poetry Month in April 2019. Poems cover a variety of topics and were written for anyone who visited the writing desk with a prompt. All materials were created in April 2019.
The Charlotte Opera Association was founded in 1949 by a group of professional and amateur lovers of opera. Financing for the Charlotte Opera came through local and federal government contributions, the Arts and Science Council, and patron donations. The Association was renamed Opera Carolina after merging with North Carolina Opera in 1986, and as of 2019, remains as the largest opera company in the Carolinas.
This collection contains opera programs dated 1975-1990.
The Charlotte Symphony Orchestra was formed in 1932. It is the largest and most active professional performing arts organization in the central Carolinas. The Charlotte Symphony also includes small ensembles of musicians such as the Flute Club and two Youth Orchestras, among others. Some of these small ensembles perform outreach services to local hospitals, and other organizations.
This collection consists of programs, ASID House booklets, and newspaper clippings.
The Ex Libris Book Club was organized in 1928 by a group of ten women. This collection contains annually distributed programs with information on monthly gatherings. Each program contains discussion topics, officers, and committee members with their addresses, telephone numbers, meeting date, hostess, and presenter. Materials dated 1933-1998 and arranged in chronological order.
The Fortnightly Book Club was organized in the early twentieth century to discuss books on a variety of topics. This collection contains notebooks and programs relating to the Fortnightly Book Club. The notebooks consist of meeting minutes and general notes about the members, what they were reading, and where/what time they met. In the programs, information covered the clubs officers, program committee, members, hostess, and book lists. Materials in this collection are dated 1925-1967.
The Golden Circle Theatre Guild was formed by the Dorothy Masterson and the Mint Museum Theatre Guild in 1954. It was also called Mint Museum Drama Guild, Inc. and Mint Museum Theater Guild. The Golden Circle Theatre was built in 1960.
This collection contains brochures, budgets, correspondence, playbills and photographs. Materials dated 1969-1992 and in good condition.
This collection contains concert programs, advertistements and brochures,correspondence, newspaper articles, photographs, and A/V materials relating to Joseph Pritchard Little's involvement in the Charoltte Symphony Orchestra. Materials are dated 1908-2007.
The objective of the Los Tiempos Book Club was to foster the culture and entertainment of its members. The programs and programs found in this collection include the names of the book club members, dates and locations for the meetings, a list of the books exchanged, and a copy of the constitution and by-laws. Materials are dated 1951-1970.
This collection contains scrapbooks, artifacts, bulletins and newsletters pertaining to local ornithology clubs including the Carolina Bird Club, the Mecklenburg Audubon Society, Parks and Recreation and private individuals’ personal collections. Materials are in good condition and dated 1926-2017.
The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America (NSCDA) is a national organization that was founded in 1891. Its members actively seek to inspire patriotism through historic preservation, education, and patriotic service. NSCDA focuses its organizational efforts on sparking interest in our nation’s founding and development, and colonial history. This collection contains bound annual reports published by the North Carolina chapter of NSCDA dated 1912-1939.
The Pro Re Nata Book Club was organized in early 20th century. It was the outgrowth of a sewing club consisting of young women between the ages of 17 and 19. This collection contains a multi-page document outlining the history and intentions of the Pro Re Nata Club, as well as annual club programs dated 1906-1953. In each program there is a list of members and information about discussions and discussion leaders. Materials are dated 1906-1953.
The Sesame Book Club was organized on February 27, 1951 in Charlotte, NC to discuss general culture and current event topics. Membership was set at 16 and new members were only accepted by unanimous ballot. Meetings were held on the last Friday of each month at a member’s home. Mrs. L.L. Autry was the club’s first president.
This collection contains annual programs dated 1956-1973, with information on book selections, members, officers, and By-Laws.
The Sorosis Book Club was a professional women's book club in Charlotte, North Carolina. Each program contains discussion topics, officers, committee members, addresses, telephone numbers, meeting dates, hostess, and presenter. Materials are dated 1906-1936.
The United Confederate Veterans organization was founded in 1889 to unify the all of the separate groups of confederate veterans, provide relief for veterans and their families, and erect monuments. Reunions were held each year in various southern locations, with the last held in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1951 (as of 2016).
This collection includes artifacts, documents, newspaper clippings, and publications. Materials are dated 1861-1932.
- Subject: Programs X
- Programs 27
- Clubs and Organizations 17
- Women--Societies and clubs 15
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) 13
- Education 11
- Correspondence 9
- Women 8
- Theaters and Music 7
- Concert programs 5
- Essays 5
- Photographs 5
- Poetry 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Yearbooks 4
- Awards 3
- Music 3
- Music in education 3
- Reading 3
- Symphony orchestras 3
- Business 2 ∧ less
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra 2
- Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.) 2
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Association of University Women. Charlotte Branch 1
- American Guild of Organists 1
- American Society of Interior Designers 1
- Briarhoppers (Musical group) 1
- Carolina Bird Club 1
- Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Music Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Opera Association 1
- Colonial Dames of America 1
- Columbia University 1
- Cranford Book Club 1
- Crutchfield, Charles Harvey, 1912-1998 1
- Elizabeth College (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- GFWC of North Carolina 1
- Harding, Harry P., 1874-1959 1
- Jefferson-Pilot Corporation 1
- Lucas, John Paul, Jr., 1908-1979 1 ∧ less