Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The Charlotte Woman’s Club is the oldest civic organization in Charlotte. Organized in 1899 as the Study Club for Mothers, the club changed its name in 1902 when membership and civic activities increased. Six women organized the club, with Mrs. WS Liddell as the first president 1899-1901. In 1908, they joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, which is now one of the world’s largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational, international women’s volunteer service organization....
Dates: 1900 - 1959