Found in 55 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains letters, correspondence, and financial records that were once part of John B. Nicholson’s estate in Charlotte, NC. Nicholson was a Civil War Infantryman from the 37th Regiment Co. I who fought under the leadership of General Daniel Harvey (DH) Hill.
The Alexander and Sample families are two well known and documented families in the Charlotte and Mecklenburg County area. This collection follows certain genealogical lines within these two families. Collection materials include correspondence and genealogical research dated c1958-c1961.
This collection contains correspondence, land records (deeds, deeds of trust, property surveys), tax receipts, and documentation on the re-surveying of the US Post Office, Assay Site, and Courthouse in Charlotte. Land records largely reference properties including Brevard, Myers-Cedar Groves Farm, Chatham Estates, present-day Plaza Midwood, and other areas in Mecklenburg County. Materials are dated 1873-1957.
This collection spans items related to the John C. and Ruth Kilgo family, as well as Charles Paty. The Kilgos were residents of Mecklenburg County and active members of the community. Charles Paty is a World War II veteran and was a friend of the Kilgo family. Both the Kilgos and Paty lived in the Plaza Midwood area of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Materials include: Clippings, Correspondence, Ephemera, Postcards, Printed Materials, Rosters, Negatives, and Photographs.
The Commercial National Bank Records, 1874-1939 contains documents associated with the establishment of the Commercial National Bank in Charlotte, NC. Examples of materials include shareholder and Board of Directors certificates, condition reports, loan documentation, business reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, by-laws, and other documents pertaining to the bank’s operation. Materials dated 1874-1948.
This collection contains documents that cover Mrs. Cornelia Beery Fore’s (Mrs. J.A. Fore) work as the historian for the United Daughters of the Confederacy. It consists primarily of historical research and collected testimonies pertaining to the United States Civil War as well as genealogical research into Fore’s own lineage. Included as well are letters and other documents from the life of her daughter, Ms. Cornelia (Cornie) Fore. Materials are dated 1864-1944 and are in good condition.
Dr. Marcus Cyrus Hunter (1857-1936) was one of the most widely known doctors in Mecklenburg County in the late 19th and early 20th century. HDr. Hunter studied medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Baltimore, MD, and later returned to Huntersville, NC where he practiced medicine for nearly half a century. This collection contains three ledgers and a letter addressed to Dr. Hunter. Materials are dated 1885-1921 and in poor condition.
The Golden Circle Theatre Guild was formed by the Dorothy Masterson and the Mint Museum Theatre Guild in 1954. It was also called Mint Museum Drama Guild, Inc. and Mint Museum Theater Guild. The Golden Circle Theatre was built in 1960.
This collection contains brochures, budgets, correspondence, playbills and photographs. Materials dated 1969-1992 and in good condition.
This collection consists of 14 scrapbooks of memorabilia kept by W.T. Harris and his family. The bulk of the materials are from the 1970s, with a few scrapbooks from the 1960s and 1980s. Examples of scrapbook materials include congratulatory letters, programs, awards, involvement in community organizations, speaking engagements, correspondence, and “Man of the Year” awards.