Skip to main content

Contracts for deeds

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Borden Acres Collection, 1932-1975

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: MS-2020-004
Abstract This collection contains two ledgers belonging to the Borden family, who kept detailed account of transactions made 1932-1970. Examples of transactions include farm equipment/machinery, gravel, labor, plumbing supplies, gasoline, food and beverage, sales tax, personal business/family matters, and other miscellaneous goods and services. Also included in this collection are deeds tracking the ownership and sale of the property. Materials are dated 1932-1975.
Dates: 1932 - 1975

Charles Guernsey Hubbel Papers, 1869-1946

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2019-008
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, land records (deeds, deeds of trust, property surveys), tax receipts, and documentation on the re-surveying of the US Post Office, Assay Site, and Courthouse in Charlotte. Land records largely reference properties including Brevard, Myers-Cedar Groves Farm, Chatham Estates, present-day Plaza Midwood, and other areas in Mecklenburg County. Materials are dated 1873-1957.
Dates: 1869 - 1946

Charlotte Consolidated Construction Company Records, 1860-1910

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: MS-2020-038
Abstract Edward Dilworth Latta founded the Charlotte Consolidated Construction Company, also known as the Four Cs, in 1890. Latta and five other influential Charlotteans, including Mayor F.B. McDowell, developed the Dilworth area, had their own trolley system, and had control of gas and electric power in Charlotte. Incorporating other companies into his own, such as the Charlotte Gas Light Company and the Charlotte Electric Railway, Latta and his group maintained an effective monopoly in Charlotte. ...
Dates: 1860 - 1910

John Price Carr Family Papers, 1881-2008

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: MS-2020-028
Abstract John Price Carr was born in November 1854 in the Hopewell community. Carr’s father died while he was still young, and he left school to help support his family. Carr quickly rose to become a leader in the First Ward community, owned a thriving moving company, and helped rescue Presbyterian Hospital following a devastating fire. Carr died from pneumonia in April 1927. His home, built in 1904 and known as the J.P. Carr house, can be seen at 200-206 North McDowell Street in Charlotte. ...
Dates: 1881 - 2008

Ranson-Hunter Collection, 1848-1990

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2020-027
Abstract The Hunter and Ranson families were two of the earliest families who settled in what was originally known as “Craighead.” In 1873, the town was renamed “Huntersville” for the Hunter family. These two families would join together through the 1890 marriage of William Joseph Ranson and Ellen Viola Hunter. The Ranson and Hunter families continued to influence the development of the Huntersville community throughout the 20th Century. The children of William and Ellen went on to serve their community...
Dates: 1848 - 1990