Plaza-Midwood (Charlotte, N.C.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Charles Guernsey Hubbel Papers, 1869-1946
This collection contains correspondence, land records (deeds, deeds of trust, property surveys), tax receipts, and documentation on the re-surveying of the US Post Office, Assay Site, and Courthouse in Charlotte. Land records largely reference properties including Brevard, Myers-Cedar Groves Farm, Chatham Estates, present-day Plaza Midwood, and other areas in Mecklenburg County. Materials are dated 1873-1957.
Midwood Elementary School Scrapbook, 1940-1960
Midwood Elementary School was established c1934. Originally called the Lawyers Road School, the school was located at 1817 Central Avenue in what is now known as Plaza Midwood. The building underwent several renovations, and eventually Midwood Elementary School closed. This collection contains a scrapbook dated 1940-1960. Scrapbook contents include photographs, newspaper clippings, letters, and other miscellaneous materials relating to Midwood Elementary School.