Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
The Carolina Concert Series Collection contains programs from the Community Concert Association (1983-1989), Theater Charlotte (1998-1999), Charlotte Community Concert Association (1989-1994), and Carolinas Concert Association (1994-2004).
The Charlotte Symphony Orchestra was formed in 1932. It is the largest and most active professional performing arts organization in the central Carolinas. The Charlotte Symphony also includes small ensembles of musicians such as the Flute Club and two Youth Orchestras, among others. Some of these small ensembles perform outreach services to local hospitals, and other organizations.
This collection consists of programs, ASID House booklets, and newspaper clippings.
The Commercial National Bank Records, 1874-1939 contains documents associated with the establishment of the Commercial National Bank in Charlotte, NC. Examples of materials include shareholder and Board of Directors certificates, condition reports, loan documentation, business reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, by-laws, and other documents pertaining to the bank’s operation. Materials dated 1874-1948.
This collection consists of 14 scrapbooks of memorabilia kept by W.T. Harris and his family. The bulk of the materials are from the 1970s, with a few scrapbooks from the 1960s and 1980s. Examples of scrapbook materials include congratulatory letters, programs, awards, involvement in community organizations, speaking engagements, correspondence, and “Man of the Year” awards.
Ralph Johnson (1904-2001) was a prominent Black businessman in Davidson, North Carolina. He owned and operated Johnson's Barber Shop on Davidson's Main Street from 1921-1971, where he served many Davidson College students, community leaders, and Secretary of State Dean Rusk. This collection contains materials relating to his life and career, mostly consisting of photographs. Other items include biographical information as well as published articles. Materials are dated c1921-c1971.
The Sanitary Steam Laundry was incorporated by the State of North Carolina in May 1909 and served the Charlotte community through 1974. This collection contains documents with information on cost estimates for resources, floor plans, finances, correspondence, receipts, news clippings, and meeting minutes. Materials are dated 1909-1962 and in good condition.